Monday, November 28

Minus Zwei Grad



On the way home from friends last night the temperature guage was again telling us it was -2 degrees. It had also been that cold the night before when we went to Magdeburg Xmas Market (photos to follow shortly). And this morning it was like a winter wonderland as I pulled back the curtains. I quickly had breakfast & dressed and ran outside to frolick in the snow. It started falling and the flakes were huge and powdery. I couldn't stop smiling. The hotel staff were going about their work, sweeping the snow off the stairs and throwing salt down so it can't get icy and dangerous and were smiling back at me as they watched me snapping away.





5 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

your photos always make me sigh.... so lovely!

4:53 am  
Blogger kimbofo said...

So pretty.

But I always find the novelty and beauty of snowfall soon wears off when you fall over for the first time! :)

5:55 am  
Blogger kath red said...

love the red berries

11:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if you know this but I've never seen a snowflake, like actually falling and in it's own unique shape.
So the landscape there feels for me a little like how I imagine the northern kimberley aborigines may have felt when they saw their first car or plane or tv....
mich

3:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such gorgeous photos darl, wish the boys and I could be there with you to experience this most gorgeous winter wonderland

Conch

12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home