Thursday, June 23

I Miss You

10 years ago tonight my step-dad Brian passed on. It is the biggest loss I have ever felt. He was such a gorgeous man, he made my Mum, my sister and me very happy and we were a family. I miss him so much.

It's hard to believe he hasn't been here and a part of our lives for 10 years. We will be celebrating his life today in various ways as we always do.

There are so many stories I could tell about him, but which one. What I most want to share would be the joy, love and happiness he brought to my life. When my Mum and he got together I was about 4 years old. After the initial jealous feelings I had towards him it didn't take long for me to see him as my Dad. He made life fun. We would dance down the street rather than walk. His stories of growing up in northern England poverty weren't sad but somehow positive. He was always singing or whistling, even at 6am. He told really bad jokes but his delivery cracked you up. He was generous, giving, and unselfish. He was a true gentleman. Totally old school.

I really can't say much more right now, so all I can say is that I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home