Monday, October 3

Long Weekend Here & There

My god it was boiling today. Not having heard anything official I still don't know what it was but it felt like 35+. We had a lovely drive down the coast to my brother's for lunch. This being only our 2nd meeting it felt special and really nice and it's hard to believe we've only just met because it feels so normal and natural and everything is just so easy. I feel so lucky. We all do and it's added a whole new dimension to my life.

We weren't the only ones with a day off today - the Germans are celebrating Deutsche Einheitstag or Reunification Day today. A small irony is that the election held a few weeks ago has still not produced a winner - neither of the 2 majority leaders is willing to give in basically. I wonder if Dresden's vote this weekend will provide a definitive winner? The extremely sad news is that the great Joshka Fischer has decided to hand in the job as Foreign Minister. Let's hope he joins the UN or some other international body because we need brains and spirits like his in the right places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home