Tuesday, December 27

Food

JD's household hasn't eaten the typical German stodge food for years. Only occasionally does someone get the urge for something hearty and old fashioned. JD himself had wished for an Xmas meal of Roast Turkey, Red Cabbage & Klöster (potatoe dumplings). We had that last night and it was divine!

Xmas Eve, or the real night they celebrate Xmas, we had a meal more suited to my roots - although it was probably quite accidental. We had steamed barramundi filets, rice and salad. This was also divine! With so much rice left over we had it with soy and chilli. Steamed rice is comfort food for me and I can't tell you how happy and close to home and to my Mum and sister I felt(and her chinese side of our family) even though I was 10 hours behind and a whole hemisphere away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That's so nice, it's nice to find something that makes you feel at home. Have a happy new year

3:24 am  
Blogger dani said...

I eat rice every day for breakfast too - with fruit. It is the only way to go.

3:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home