Saturday, June 4

Google Images Meme

Got this idea from Kimbofo, and so here it is, minus my name - sorry that stays private for now.

Where I grew up -
Surry Hills, NSW, Australia

Example

Where I live now -
Redfern, NSW, Australia
Example

Grandmother's name -
Ethel Edith
Example

Favourite food -
Rice, rice and more rice
Example

Favourite Song: My Island Home by Neil Murray (his version & Christine Anu's version)
I first became aware of how much the lyrics touched me whilst living in Germany far away from home.
Example

Favourite Smell -
Frangipani. Divinity.
Example


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to hunt out that Neil Murray song, I'm not sure I know it ?

Sounds tacky, but I always get goosebumps whenever I hear Great Southern Land by Icehouse for the same reason you state.

10:24 pm  
Blogger dani said...

You really must get this song. I actually think it's become an unofficial anthem really. Recently we went to a Neil Murray gig at a very down market pub in the inner west, with probably less than 100 people there and he finished with My Island Home - it was awesome. My husband who is German even feels the emotion from the lyrics - basically once you love this land it owns you.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home