Sunday, October 30

7

The sun wakes you up before 5am. It's as hot on waking as it was when you went to bed last night. The sun bites into your skin and your sunglasses don't seem to absorb the UV at all anymore. The beach is nicely crowded and the water hasn't got that crisp edge to it anymore. You run into many people you know at the beach, village life is intact. Summer is here everyone.



But the next morning you awake to the sound of rain on the roof? And it pretty much doesn't stop all day. This is real rain. Rain that gets in, soaks into the earth, fills up our dams, feeds our plants and makes everything look so green again. Forces you to drive at 60kmph on the highway and turn your fog lights on at midday.



We couldn't have had 2 more different days this weekend. And both of them were perfect.

Daylight savings has started and weirdly I was awake earlier than usual even though I went to bed late and lost an hour. Something has changed for me over the past few weeks. I think I've trained myself into becoming an early waker regardless of how much sleep I've had. This is a major breakthrough. I don't think I need as much sleep as I thought I needed. This is all due to the time difference between here and Germany and speaking together with JD at the beginning/end of each other's day. 7 hrs - my new magic number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home