Sunday, February 5

The Weekend



Apart from the digusting taste in music my sister's neighbours have and shared with the whole street, last night was an excellent extended family affair of food, wine & talking until late.



But after a late night, starting today was slow. Lying in bed just felt too good. And I continued to be slow most of the day. It was all about house-work, minor renovations and talking logistics.



To wash off all the "house-talk" we had a long walk in the park - and felt rejuvenated. The colours talked to me and made me feel good and walking always grounds me.






This park is full of cockatoos, rosellas, ducks, geese, and black swans and pelicans. It really is a tiny paradise in the middle of the city and I'm happy to live 5 minutes from it. We usually walk 1 lap of the park which takes about 1/2 hour - it's one of the most popular places for people jogging, cycling, roller-blading, walking & picnics.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like a perfect weekend. I miss chats with my sister. Can't wait to see her again next month.

I love your picture of the pelican and swan. Gorgeous.

8:13 am  
Blogger dani said...

michelle, these bowls were hand-painted by mum - she's got a whole range of differing styles - I'll try to showcase them from time to time. i'll pass on your compliments.

12:17 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Your photos are soooo pretty!! very colorfull I love them.

1:03 pm  
Blogger kath red said...

the pistachios and the passionfruit

2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home