Friday, January 27

Creation



I am so chuffed. This is the 1st piece of clothing I can wear. My Mum is a designer/pattern maker/cutter by trade and I have never utilised her skills. Well she was also a makeup artist for tv, and great with finances but I digress.



This week I asked for a sewing lesson - and I never expected I'd be walking out 2 hours later with a skirt I love and can't stop wearing. I only sewed the easy bits, and still haven't got a clue really if I was sitting in front of the machine by myself, but it's fun, and I think I'm going to try several styles of skirts and then some tops and who knows, I may even start selling my creations.



Due to my Mum's experience, she was able, to just cut the fabric on the right angle and trim it here and there with her eye, so we didn't even use a pattern. I have a couple of skirts I love and so will try and copy those and learn some pattern making in the process.



I've got a really old machine that I can work on at home, but it's far easier at this stage to use this brand new Singer.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful skirt and photos!

8:56 pm  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

Who makes such a great looking skirt in 2 hours? And who looks that good photo'ed from behind?

1:21 pm  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Dani!
Thank you so much for your visit and nice comment on my blog!
I will return soon to see your blog!

2:29 pm  
Blogger Mika said...

Wow! It looks so good, I would never guess it to be handmade. Your mum is talented indeed. No pattern even! :)

5:39 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hi there - I'm enjoying your back posts and loving all the pictures. Great blog!

4:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely skirt.

Throughout my teens and twenties I was mad into sewing and knitting. Practically made everything I wore.

Alas, living over here in the Big City I stopped doing it - a combination of lack of time and enery, no sewing machine and pretty much nowhere in London to buy supplies (wool, material, patterns). Oh, and comlete lack of space to be creative. If you're a seamstress you really need a spare room to keep the mess in.

I miss it.

5:49 am  
Blogger kath red said...

looks fantastic - love the fabric - and lucky you having such a talented mum - i am sure you will be addicted to sewing these before long
k

7:51 am  
Blogger Suse said...

Love the skirt, adore the pink wall (hmmm, as I typed that I realised I've said that before on your blog, haven't I?), and to answer your question, the flannel & soap gifts are $25 if you're interested. And I am so flattered that you asked. You can sell skirts, and I'll sell flannels, ha!

10:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home