Saturday, January 21

Absolutely No Images Will Be Contained In This Post, I Promise.

Saturday 21 st January will go down in history as a shit of a day. I laugh as I write this. Thank God I’m laughing because earlier I was so close to crying and losing my mind. The vodka is probably helping my sense of humour along, but basically I’ve just given in. I think I have grown.

Let me go back to the beginning. I’m kind of a germaphobe. I’m a bit anal. I detest shoes in the house and bad hygiene and basically like things to be clean. Really clean. Even though I’m very untidy but that’s a whole other story. Well today, we slept in, the sun was shining, it was warm, it felt like a great start to the weekend, I’d started preparing breakfast, opened our french doors leading out to a back courtyard, and THEN JD NOTICED SOMETHING WHITE IN PATCHES ON THE GROUND AND THEN WE NOTICED LUMPS OF SHIT, YES SHIT AND THEN WE REALISED OUR BACK DRAIN HAD OVERFLOWED SEWARAGE AT SOME POINT OVER NIGHT.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!


To cut the story short, because let’s face it, there aint nothing pretty about human waste – a very nice and competent plumber (how do these guys do this job – they should paid more than anyone else on the planet) fixed our problem. But the entire day and I mean entire day was spent only dealing with this problem and we will still have to do more cleaning up tomorrow – both of us were so over it we did the emergency clean today once the plumber had gone and the rest can wait until tomorrow.


Dinner is booked at our favourite local Italian at 7.30pm and we are going all out to have ourselves a very nice evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh Crap!

2:08 pm  
Blogger kath red said...

YUKKO poor you. what a welcome home. get that vodka into you girl!

4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home