Monday, January 30

I Love Summer



It was a weekend of indulgence and relaxtion. It was great.

Firstly Kung Hei Fat Choy to one and all! Happy New Year of the Dog. May it be a prosperous, peaceful one full of love for everyone!!!!



SushiSuma still has awesome food! They've moved 2 doors down, the decor is cooler, the line still snakes down the road and the fact that even when you book it doesn't assure you of your table at that time but hey, cheap delicious Japanese around the corner - can't beat it.

Bondi was heavenly. The waves were small but nice and the temperature of the water is divine. Cannot get enough of it. And my chai on the way back home from Sharon & Kelvin is the best one you can get from any cafe in Sydney.

BBQ's rock! Saturday and Sunday night was all about fresh fine food barbequed to perfection.





JD got down our old Singer from the attic. I was given this from an old neighbour of my Mum's a few years back when we discovered in one of our moves that one of the removalist men probably helped himself to JD's nice modern one. I have no idea what to do with these machines - they freak me out, but I'm feeling spurred on by some extremely lovely compliments I've received about "the skirt" and will pursue the art of sewing until it all becomes 2nd nature.





And finally the tennis is over. Bagdatis is cute and he can play really well - but when the tears started flowing from Federer I got all empathic and really felt his emotional release. Despite last weeks' very funny and cool outburst from Tommy Haas about the sycophantic "get your tongue out of his butt" commentary from Jim Courier about Federer being the best we've ever seen etc etc, I think he may be right.

Summer feels like it's just starting for me. A walk on the beach and swim after work is so heavenly. Last night the sun still had a sting at 6.30pm and the water was so warm. These sort of balmy evenings put me in such a good mood.

And also found the cool new site by the talented Kath Redcurrent - Whipup - please go check it out!



Oh God, just realised it's Tuesday isn't it? And I've got nothing I can think of to add to SPT. Apologies.




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually Jeds does a better soy chai if you must know, not as sweet but spicy enough to warm you up

10:48 am  
Blogger dani said...

wytch, you may be right, haven't tried it at jed's yet - so the challenge is on. will let you know.
are you a bondi local?

12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that photo of Bri and your mum too. That's really how he was - always smiling telling bad jokes! :-)

Love the skirt!

Conch

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home