Wednesday, February 1

Mercury Rising



Experiences from the day:

The council mowed the verge in front of our house early this morning and the smell of freshly cut grass fills the air.

The sound of crickets reaching crescendo and then waning and getting louder again is amazing. Are they communicating with each other en masse?




It gotter hotter by degrees with each passing hour today, accompanied by the freshest perfect wind.

I burnt my hands on the steering wheel & club lock and I wasn't parked long in the heat at all.


There's a particular flowering tree, possibly native that is blooming right now whose perfume is strongest in the morning and really stings my nose. I wish I could work out what it is - I smell it when I'm driving and it hasn't been very obvious which tree it could be.

Enjoyed the company of my youngest niece briefly - her humour, her joy, her trust.




Felt sand underfoot, caught a few waves, and watched lifesavers turning Bondi into Baywatch on their jet-ski's rounding up wayward tourists and idiots who'd swum right in the middle of a rip. Guys swim between the flags please! Or at least just not into rips.



And just now, I heard a ship's horn blow 5 times - either signalling arrival or departure from the International Passenger Terminal down on the Harbour. I think that's so cool, and also an indication that a lovely northerly is blowing my way.


And I've got to say I am extremely impressed by the 1st day of proceedings over at Whipup - there's so much info there, so much inspiration, and it's all top quality stuff!

My images today represent the colour of heat - from my front courtyard this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I felt like I was right there with you. Very nice.

7:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely, just lovely! to think that i am in mid winter and you are having sunshine!

7:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home