Friday, December 1

Lovely Little Happenings



Another evening enjoying a Punjabi Thali was had this week. Due to my exhaustion from a day spent in a seminar or the fact I was so overly sated from the food, my brain just wasn't altogether in the present moment. Shortly after arriving back at home my phone rang. A man with a strange accent asked me if I was me, and then told me he was looking at my driving license. BING. I realised I didn't have my purse with me and had obviously let it drop from my lap while scoffing down the delicious Thali morsels. We raced back to the restaurant, and the eccentric looking man who I'd had eye contact with when he first entered the restaurant was holding my little orange purse aloft. At the time of the initial eye contact I felt something about this man but couldn't quite work out what I was feeling. I thanked him profusely and felt another strange feeling which I still can't understand and wanted to offer him a monetary reward whereby he loudly and dramatically and with great hand flourishes told me NO. I even had to plead several times just getting his first name. And to top things off, Marco then tells me that 6 months earlier, they had been sitting at the very table I'd been at, and he had lost his wallet in exactly the same manner and had it returned to them in the same way. His partner the whole time nodding her head at me. And then he asked me whether I thought Indians believe in Feng Shui.



And apart from that I can report my unusally high stress levels at the end of last week have greatly diminished. My teacher accepted my reasons for moving my exam date forward. This week I've completed more balances than I could have dreamed about and the huge mountain of tasks needed to be handed in before I depart for our holiday looks more achievable than ever. The sun is shining. The birds are singing. There is so much to be thankful for - and I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mika said...

What a great story! I am glad that you were able to get your purse back, it's always lovely when you come across a kind and honest soul.

4:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget to check your bank statements for the next while

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home