Saturday, November 5

My Last Saturday in Sydney in 2005

After a week of waking early I thought a sleep-in was in order. Except I woke up way before my alarm.

Had Yum Cha with my oldest girlfriend & sis & bro-in-law. We pigged out massively and it was GOOD!!!

Bought a couple of Xmas pressies for the girls, so I can give them something before I leave. My friend bought something and absentmindedly left her wallet on the counter. We went back to the store less than 15 minutes later when she realised it was gone - and the staff said nothing had been found or handed in. Great. Reported to Lost Property. We traced our steps but she could picture exactly where she'd left it at that shop. So we went back to ask again, and this time my friend went over the top explaining how sad she was, especially because a great photo of her sons was in the wallet. Something felt fishy. 10 minutes later, the shop called saying they'd found it under a pile of clothes in the back. Yeah right. We think their conscience got the better of them. At least this story had a happy ending. but we'll never shop at that store again.

Went for a nice walk around an inner city harbour suburb & then checked out a fantastic renovation on a neighbour's house. We love when people gentrify around us.


6 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Yay, I got into your site without it crashing!

I see the flame trees and jacarandas are blooming up your way. We have to wait one more month down here.

Lovely shots.

If I don't get back (successfully!) before you go, have a great trip.

8:37 pm  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

hey there! thanks for the comment on my blog! i love your photos... so lovely! what a great sensibility!

you should do the bitchy princess for next week.... i'm positive yours would be so different! besides it's fun and cathartic to do! i highly recommend it!

1:57 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

I love those photos they are really pretty....glad your friend got her wallet back.

4:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that photo of the purple flowers all over the grass. The point of view is great!
Glad your friend got her wallet back!!!

11:02 am  
Blogger kath red said...

love your photos as usual. you capture life so well. what a stinky story about that shop, i can't believe a shop would ruin their own business like that.

2:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those drying purple blossoms on the grass! What a great shot. Makes me feel like laying down among them.

3:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home