Thursday, April 27

WHY?



The blogosphere is full of so many fine talented creative brilliant souls. This week mav is contemplating why we blog at all.

I suppose I blog because it's a forum, a space and place in the world for me to put out there some part of me. It's self-publishing, it's about being seen and heard with a veil of anonymity. I can reveal parts of myself that haven't had any exposure before. But it's also because of the ever-growing number of you people who care, give validation, give thanks, share so much of themselves and inspire me.



I am a hungry soul, and adore and need loads of visual stimulation. Blogs and flickr provide for me a sumptuous feast, a never ending labyrinth of photos, paintings & drawings. I am astounded by the quality of so many blogs. I am amazed that more of you aren't writing for a living. I love the interconnectedness and linking to each other, despite my own woeful lame attempts at this - and I do endeavour to try to link more. Some blogs are the best creative search engines. Magazine publishers would envy the sheer amount of information being uploaded daily.

As I said to mav earlier this week: blogging is about connecting with all the beauty of the universe.

My sidebar has a bunch of you who have inspired me for a long time. This post is reminding me to update it so I can add more of you.







1 Comments:

Blogger Mika said...

how interesting! i actually posed this same question on my blog a little while back. i love finding out the reasons why people blog. for me it's all about connections, all about the people i have met through blogs.

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home