Thursday, July 20

Up Down Round & Round



ENJOYING: Eucalyptus oil washed floorboards, sparkling clean bath, crisp new linen on the bed & cupboards and fridge full of wholesome and not so wholesome goodies - yup it's been a morning of chores.



HATING: Realising JD will be home exactly 10 weeks to the day after he left makes me extremely unhappy. Yes guys, his trip got extended by another week. In the past 10 months we will have been apart more than 6 months. This is so totally fucked. He sent me this image of some lavender growing in his Mum's garden. I'm also jealous about missing summer in Europe, I'm jealous about him visiting our little French restaurant in Magdeburg, and I'm missing him.



SURPRISED BY: My 1st painting this year is almost done. And I’ve been loving it. My usual hatred just doesn’t seem to be there when I look at it – I hope my friend feels the same when she comes to pick it up.



ANTICIPATING: Tomorrow I’m actually working. Don’t all fall over. Well really just helping a friend out at her new seaside café. I’m really looking forward to it. They’re busier than they expected in their 1st week open so hopefully this is a good sign for her and her partners.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice way of posting Dani.:)
ENJOYING: "Eucalyptus oil washed floorboards" - Hmmm, that must smell great! How do you do that? Is it a special cleaner or did you just put eucalyptus oil in the water?
The color of your linen is beautiful.
HATING: 6 months apart!? My goodness, that's way to long! That must be awfull.Hope there will be no more delays for the two of you.
SURPRISED BY: That's great, Dani.
Who knows maybe someday you will show us something. I love paintings.
ANTICIPATING: Wish you a pleasant working day.

8:06 pm  
Blogger Shannon said...

Love the pics & the format of your post! Great idea.

11:50 pm  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

hi dani.... that top photo is gorgeous...

do we get to see your painting too??? :D

sorry about jd....

3:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just can't believe the modern woman!
It clearly appears they have no relationship with an iron.
Or is it just you?
If you need some help working out how to iron
please call
123456789

8:16 am  
Blogger dani said...

thank you everyone!!!

firstly ettiket...you've made me laugh. i hardly iron a thing. even most of my clothes....unless it's really obvious like a shirt or skirt or something. as for linen i have heard about people ironing their sheets but i simply can't believe people would waste their time....i mean really.

i may sneak a peek at the painting...maybe, but i'm very shy about it....maybe just a little glimmer.

8:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fang!

11:26 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Loved your post!!!

I am with you and the ironing thing!!! Ironed sheets...why????

Hopefully JD is home for a long period. Marcel is home now for 4 days which I now think is worse...trying to share him with the 3 kids and knowing he will be away again in a few days.

Enjoy working in the Cafe!

4:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 weeks is an incredibly long time :(

Your painting sounds great! Would love to see it...

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home