Thursday, September 8

Disorientation

From time to time when I'm spending the night in a new house, or hotel, or campervan I wake up in the middle of the night, or perhaps I'm actually sleep walking, and I can't orient myself properly.

What happens is that I'm trying to go to the bathroom, or worse if I feel like I'm suffocating and need to open a window to breathe or get out of the room, I think I'm at home and then can't find the stairs or door because the room I'm in is different. I've found myself banging my fists on the window and being quite petrified and then all of a sudden I'm awake fully and realise what's happening.

What is even weirder though, is it has happened to me in my own house. It just happened again, I woke up and kept thinking to myself I can't see anything and where's the light, and where am I, and feeling scared and then I found myself awake near my bedroom window, which was a huge relief.

Because it doesn't happen all the time I forget this happens to me and I'm always shocked at how crazy my brain is in the middle of the night. I wonder if it's normal and what it's about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home