Wednesday, March 29

The Upside of a Cyclone



Aside from it just being a natural force of nature and part of the whole energy system of the planet and a very normal occurence - a huge and devastating cyclone that came through the north east of australia last week, 1000's of km's away is bringing huge surf to us lucky folk down here in Sydney.



Vision on TV last night made it look like Hawaii. Just awesome.



The harbour yesterday was even getting the swell - the ferries had choppy rides and sick passengers and my nice local protected harbour beach - that doesn't get swell like the coastal ocean beaches - had nice little waves and plenty of surfers riding them.



The first 2 photos aren't mine - I borrowed them from the SMH. If I had a super nice long lens and had been up at Avalon I still probably couldn't have gotten shots like this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know the guy on the right at Neilsen Park

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home