Thursday, May 11

Catch Up + SPT

If you're sick of whinging like I am and want to act and make a change for a progressive Australia - visit these guys and signup.

Last night we were lucky to get freebies to an old acquaintence's new play at the Sydney Theatre Company. It's called "Gronks", is a drama, explores themes of domestic violence and the tension and pressure slowly building in many Sydney suburbs today. It's a story about harassment, desperation and perseverance. The cast are multi-talented, they're not only actors but musicians as well and they did a brilliant job of it last night, their 2nd night of an Australia wide tour. Check your local theatres to see if the Zeal Theatre group are heading your way.



Self Portrait Tuesday passed me by AGAIN on the day, but here is a little something alot late:



As all of you creative types know, the things that surround you, the colours that surround you and the colours you wear affect you. I've always loved fresh flowers in the house, but sometimes feel that it's far too self indulgent to want them every week, but the energy I get and the joy I feel as I watch the flowers open is so worth it. I very rarely wear maroon and don't really like the colour, and this is the only piece of clothing I own in this colour, but I suppose the day I bought it many moons ago, I may have been feeling the need that this colour brings. Apparently Maroon brings passion and will together. Which suits me totally - I've got all the passion happening, so many ideas in my head but somehow my will and motivation aren't coming to the party together. My will is holding me back. Maybe I've got too many things I'm passionate about competing for my attention? I don't have a problem in being excited by and obsessed by many things but making something more concrete and making it work for me is the hard bit and its beginnning to piss me off.



Last night's 5 minutes of heavy rain wasn't felt by many in the city, but my plants and I were thankful! And then the sunset of fire brought the day to another beautiful close.

4 Comments:

Blogger autumnempire said...

those flowers on top (artichoke?) get even more beautiful as they are unfolding. I guess life is too.

9:24 am  
Blogger LeS said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your nice words. It is good to 'meet' you as well.

So lovely to see that unforgettable sky again. You see, although I live next to San Francisco now, I lived in Melbourne for several years (12 years ago).

See how tiny this world is, really?

3:40 am  
Blogger kimbofo said...

Interesting to find out what maroon signfies. It practically dominates my wardrobe!

5:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B_E_A_U_T_I_F_U_L!

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home