Sunday, May 7

So Much to be Thankful For



I’ve had a wonderful weekend! It’s been busy but relaxing, it’s been social and yet I’ve still had enough space to think, study and just be.



Saw a film and then caught up with a few friends over a few drinks.



Walked at the beach & then had a quick dip – it was freezing but felt so good to dive under some waves and feel every inch of my body alert and alive and on edge.



I manage to have an afternoon nap every few months, mostly because I feel guilty because I'm not working and what reason do I have to be tired + I want to have the same body clock as JD + I'm usually too busy - but after the swim it felt soooo good to have a hot shower and jump into bed. I woke feeling refreshed rather than tired and it felt decadent.



Had a really nice family dinner with 3 generations and 3 families. My 6 year old niece read me "The Lorax" by Dr Seuss - amazing because it's the 1st time I've ever heard of it and it's so beautiful and because she was reading it to me and then had my 3 year old niece giving me delicious loving hugs and sitting on my lap keeping me cosy and well loved.



After a mini sleep-in we walked in the park and then went to a lunch with great friends in their amazing garden with their typically amazing food and hospitality with a gorgeous warm summer breeze blowing and more lovely birthday presents.



And now we’re relaxing at home and I feel like going to bed early to finish my book (The Tortilla Curtain) that’s taken me months to finish even though I’m loving it.

Haven’t seen the news, watched TV or read a paper and so haven’t got a clue what’s going on in the world and that feels good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess (fushmush) said...

You picked a good weekend to stay away from the news. It was such a crazy news weekend! The media had a field day...

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the place you had drinks. Where is it?

Conch

1:44 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

The Lorax is a favourite story in our house too.

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home