Tuesday, July 4

Half a Planet Away



Usually I don't get hung up on the distance between here and Europe. It's only a telephone call away (minussing 8 hours means it's even the same day), or an email or worst case scenario is just a 24 hr flight away. But when you have a loved one who's experiencing a critical health condition, and other loved ones who are experiencing sadness & stress, the massive gulf of the 21,000+ km's feels horrible. Ever since speaking with JD last night my head and heart are torn and I'm hovering somewhere midway above Earth - not really here and obviously not there either.

Both JD and I had been so excited about his return this Thursday. We were going to have a few days off together - which he especially needs after his gruelling hours over the past month. But that all fades into insignificance and feels trivial when I think about FD's suffering right now. Still no diagnosis but he's stable. Maybe he just had some sort of weird virus?

5 Comments:

Blogger s_hayley said...

Dani, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you and JD.

9:41 am  
Blogger Suse said...

Oh so sorry. I hope things settle for you all soon and that your father in law regains his health.

Those photos of your nieces a few posts down are just stunning. Does the 6 year old look like you? I have only seen you in glimpses, but I sense a resemblance.

Blessings to you and JD.

1:32 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thinking of you and JD. I know what you mean about the distance....when someone so close is ill, the distance seems even further and time even more precious.

5:29 pm  
Blogger dani said...

Thank you Suz, Suse, Ursula & Shelly!!!!

10:07 pm  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

sigh... stable is good. stable is good.....

hope things make a turn for the better!!
xo

3:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home