Friday, September 16

Yum Cha II

Marisa & Michelle, in Australia we call it Yum Cha, some other people call it Dim Sum. It's basically Chinese tapas if you've not heard of it before. Eaten anywhere between 8am-3pm. We eat it around 10-11am. Sydney has a huge Chinese and Asian community. The different food on offer in this town is mind-blowing. I was too busy eating yesterday to take many photos but managed this one early on:

And I had bought these wontons from the market on Wednesday and made them for myself for lunch. These are typical Yum Cha food, and so is deep fried eggplant, and chilli squid and chicken feet and loads of different vegetarian stuff as well.My chicken feet shot was totally blurry and looked like a brown mess. It's my Uncle's favourite. I had a tiny tiny end, but I don't like the gelatinous texture at all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Yes. Dim Sum I know! But it seems easier to get there. Until now I've only eaten very small portions in a restaurant.
Thank you for the explenation/pictures.
And also my well wishes (is this the right way to say it?) for your uncle

1:09 am  
Blogger dani said...

I've tried opening your homepage MaRisa but it never works. Do you have one up and running at the moment?

9:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Dani, I don't have one. Sorry.
Because I don't have a Blogger account (or other log page) and I don't want to post anonymous I click on 'other' and fill in my e-mail adres (marisa@hccnet.nl) in the presumption that you would be able to read it. Sorry for that. This is all new to me.
Know I know that your are not able to read it I'll click on 'Anonymous'

8:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Sorry. I don't like being 'Anonymous'. :(
So I'll do as I did first. :)
Now you have my e-mail adres for in case you would wont to use it. Whit friendly regards,
MaRisa

8:17 am  
Blogger kath red said...

yes yes - i love yum cha - I love going with a huge group of friends to try everything that is brought around.

12:52 pm  
Blogger dani said...

Yes a group is necessary otherwise you don't get to try everything. And they need to be open and adventurous. Life without Yum Cha would be so dull.

Marisa keep signing as Marisa OK - Anonymous is just that. I like knowing who is reading/commenting.

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home