Tuesday, September 13

It's all Over


Well done the Poms! You've got the Ashes back momentarily. At 1.30am this morning I realised we weren't going to have the tight finish we'd all been hoping for and decided to call it a night. I'd resigned myself to the fact that we'd draw the game. I've really found my love for the game again these past couple of months. I'd gone off cricket a bit, there wasn't any competition, it was predictable, it became boring. And I'm going to miss the night time viewing. SBS did an excellent job and I hope they're able to win the bids for future series. Commiserations to the Australian team. They seem so much more likeable when they're humbled.

2 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

Yes it's a little urn with the ashes from burnt cricket stumps. That's another a whole other story. The Ashes are a competition only between England and Australia. Cricket is probably played in the US by loads of expats. It's basically played in all the countries where the English had a foothold at some stage. Walking and yoga are the only things I get up to too.

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a brilliant summer of cricket. As much as I wanted Australia to win, I don't feel too bad that the Poms finally got some cricket glory!! Everyone at work has been terribly nice about it too - I had expected lots of ribbing, lots of rubbing my nose in it, but they all seemed almost apologetic about it. Australian sport fans could learn a thing or two I think instead of gloating and coming across as arrogant.

Mind you, a friend told me Royal Mail is issuing some special Ashes stamps - first class for the UK and those needed to send mail to Australia. Cheeky!

3:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home