Sunday, September 11

Life's a Rollercoaster

The most long awaited, anticipated and necessary meeting/reunion of my life happened on Friday. And all I can really say at the moment is that FAMILY is the most important thing I know.

And today I had to say goodbye to my darling for I'm not sure how long. He will be working in Germany until next year. It's up to me when I decide to join him there. It's a matter of tossing up how much I hate the separation, compared with how bored I may be and how lonely and limiting it may be for me living in a hotel room without a kitchen and family and friends close by while he is working hard all day. So until then all we have is the phone and email and right now that feels very far away.

I've shed loads of tears this weekend, of both joy and sadness.

4 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

You are so sweet, thank you Michelle for your kind words. Thankfully I am such a lucky girl to have wonderful supportive family and friends. And a husband who loves talking on the phone - so we're pretty much always connected. Just not physically.

9:59 am  
Blogger kath red said...

I can only imagine how you must be feeling. i would never want to go through something like this. i guess though somethings you have no choice about no control over. living over there sounds awful but living without him - is is worse?
am feeling for you.

10:32 am  
Blogger dani said...

Kath, thank you for your thoughts and understanding.

12:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Difficult situation for both of you. Wish you strength and wisdom to decide what to do.

6:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home