Thursday, September 15

Yum Cha


Our family has always lived right next to Chinatown, so we haven't often ventured into the suburbs to find out what's going on out there. Yum Cha and Chinese food is home cooking for us - both my maternal grandparents were half-Chinese.

As a last treat before my favourite Uncle starts his 4 week radio & chemotherapy treatment, my family thought it would be a good idea to do Yum Cha because he's probably going to be feeling really off-colour and not up for food during that time.

We headed out to Cabramatta which is about 30kms west of the city. Most of the businesses and people who live there are Vietnamese. It's a pretty interesting place, and if there were no cars, it would definitely remind me of cities in Vietnam.

The Yum Cha was good. Same same but different. Basically the same sort of dishes I'm used to but with different sauces and subtle flavours that I hadn't tasted in this way before.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humm. Now you made me curious. What is Yum Cha? Do you have a picture of it? :)

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home