Tuesday, May 23

SPC not SPT



I love walking. This is a shot of me walking the old 'hood. Of course I prefer walking more in nature, on the coast, through the bush, out where there are very few people around and there aren't any cars or smog or buildings - but sometimes when I find myself walking the very streets where my Mum and her siblings grew up, where my grandparents would have been talking with the neighbours or doing their shopping or going to work - basically walking their songlines, I feel very connected to all the people who came before me. Surry Hills is a bit grungy still these days, and at night there are dark corners I don't really like to walk alone, but on the occasions where I need to, I just tune into the energy on the streets and try to feel my lineage and then I feel at ease and like I'm protected and everything is OK.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mika said...

i really like this photo! the colors are really intense.

3:59 pm  
Blogger 62cherry said...

WICKED photo and I love the colours, turqoise, red and the yellow :)

4:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic photo. You're a bit of a hottie i recon!

5:01 pm  
Blogger Deb R said...

Very cool photo!

11:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photo!

4:35 am  
Blogger boho girl said...

i agree with Nicola. ;)

thanks for stopping by my bloggie world. so fun to venture into yours.

i love your photography and the feelings you capture with it all.

xo,
boho

8:05 am  
Blogger Susan said...

GREAT PHOTO!!!!

10:32 am  
Blogger dani said...

you're all too kind girls, thanks so much!!

my husband took the photo, and i had no idea he was taking it.

2:15 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow. You're all hair and curves and sassiness in a colorful landscape. Wonderful image. I want to know more about songlines now.

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home