Saturday, May 20

Just Out of Bed



I've spent most of the day in bed with a revolting head-cold and am thankful for the Punjabi Thali that JD went and got for us for dinner that has made me feel slightly more human.



Last night after a gorgeous walk at dusk at the beach I baby-sat my nieces while everyone else went into town to listen to some friends play live at a bar in the suit district. I watched Narnia for the first time with the 6 year old and I wasn't too fussed with her staying up and snuggling with me until it finished because it wasn't a school night. When the 3 year old woke up coughing and spluttering and saw what we were doing she perked up and the 3 of us ended up sitting up until 11pm watching the film. I can't believe this is their favourite film right now and they aren't even scared by it - reminding me "that it isn't real, it's just a movie".

So after being coughed on and wiping a constantly running nose, I've been infected and feel like crap. My immune system may have also been compromised because of the shitty news we got a couple of days ago, that next week JD leaves again for work OS for a long long time. Yuck. I hate it.



That's it for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

oh... sorry about the sickness and JD's work.... sigh and double sigh.

take good care!!!

4:46 am  
Blogger kimbofo said...

Hi Dani. Hope the head cold is fast receding - hot lemon drinks with a slug of whisky always helps!

Sorry to hear JD has to work OS again. Bummer.

6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home