Tuesday, September 5

I'm Back




Hello!!!

Just spent an amazing 10 days away. Away from a big city. Away from lots of people. In beautiful nature. In stunning countryside so close to home and can't believe I hadn't seen before. So many exquisite meals. So many exquisite moments. Almost 2500 km's driven. A $231 fine received for speeding. Ouch. Some very lovely people met. Lots of sunshine. Lots of rain. Gorgeous walks in ancient rainforests. Standing amongst trees that were more than 400 years old and 55 metres tall. And each time we found we were the only ones there - can you imagine having a rainforest to yourself....sublime. The Weed Shire. Sleep-ins. Hearty breakfasts. Beach picnic lunches. Whales. Lots of whales. Mothers and calves. Males exuberantly displaying and dancing. Heading south too early say many. Sugarcane. Macadamia nut trees. Bananas. Cows. Sheep. Goats. Horses. Beach walks. Shells. Hills and mountains. Rolling green. Greens of all shades. Stars. Milky Way. Abundance. Space. Peace. Love. The Promised Land. Delicious perfect coffee and chai in the middle of nowhere. Fireplaces. Almost no TV. No computer.

And did I mention the Love!!!!!

For SPC - from the trip: my entry above. Me & JD. Finding ourselves on another beach. We'd driven the car down onto the sand. The wind was blowing. The sun was near setting. Everything was so lovely. Find more SPC'ers here.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how JD is emerging from the light. Over all a very Oliver Stone feel....

11:07 am  
Blogger Bedazzzled1 said...

Wonderful composition! Quite nice, indeed.

You asked me about the guitar music playing on my blog. No, it is not my husband (although he is excellent playing a wide variety of styles on his guitars). It was Ottmar Liebert's Barcelona Nights that you heard. If you like and if you let me know your email address, I can send you each of the songs from that CD. You can contact me at Bedazzzled1@aol.com.

Again, your photo this week is great. Just as your vacation sounds like it was!

12:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back! sounds like a lovely trip away.

1:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me a while to figure out where the other person was in your photo! Subtle... I really really like this! ^_^

1:14 pm  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

welcome back!

i love the intense gaze in your pic... and the light. amazing!

2:58 pm  
Blogger Deb R said...

What a cool shot! I almost didn't see JD in the background. I love the composition of this photo.

3:00 pm  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

This photo is intimidating because it is THAT good.

LOVE IT.

5:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the subtlety of JD *almost* out of sight ... until I notice the direction of your face
nice composition!

7:43 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

So nice to hear you had such a fantastic time.

10:40 pm  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

Hi Dani - great picture. Great curves to the photo, and your man is illuminated!

6:47 am  
Blogger Marc AndrĂ© BĂ©langer said...

Wonderful picture. You make me want to go on a road trip.

1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home