Sunday, August 20

A Sunday in August



Spent Sunday with part of my family. My Mum is one of 9 kids. For the first few years of my life we lived with her youngest brother, my Uncle John. We're closest with him and his family these days. He is battling cancer at the moment. He really isn't too well. I just want to hug & hug him and suck it all out of his body and make him well again. Sometimes he has certain expressions that my step-dad had during the time he was battling cancer. It has made me very sad. I totally get death, it's a part of life and I really feel I have a deep understanding of non-attachment and letting things be and pass and yet still know we remain connected but why do people have to suffer so much? Why the pain?



It was a gorgeous day. There were 11 of us. We feasted and we sat in the sun and talked and relaxed and hula-hooped and skipped and sewed and I felt very content sitting back watching us all interacting, watching us being a family.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you big hugs, Dani - cancer is just horrible for all affected by it. Family time is so important and it sounds like you had a great Sunday just hanging out.

11:39 pm  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

oh dani... cancer is never easy.... i wish there was a magical way to ease that pain....

the firt bubble photo is absolute magic!

2:20 am  
Blogger s_hayley said...

I love the first shot too, although the bubble chasing Doll is really cute too.
Lots of Love, Suz.

8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home