Wednesday, August 2

C r A z Y f O r C o Lo U r







Waking up to a darkish overcast sky this morning makes me crave for bright colour. Colour and form and the combination of both - that's what it's all about. Sometimes I wonder how differently we as individuals perceive colour. We all know the names of the major hues but the subtle differences are much harder to differentiate. JD is colour blind. He perceives some greens and reds as browns and purples as dark greens - really weird. One of the images above has had the colours altered - can you tell which one?

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I am guessing the chairs. But I would be happy if it were not...I love colour and love it randomly strewn.

11:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chairs. ?
I cannot imagine being colorblind. But, then again, I might have better design sense if I were to eliminate color from the equation, focusing more on composition, form, value, shape, etc. Lovely photos as usual!

12:43 pm  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

the chairs the chairs!

but yes yes yes to the color.... wow wow wow

12:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many black and white people photographs as I do take, I love looking at colours. They can really affect my mood.

When I saw the seats (and I'd have to say I like the altered colour version better) I actually saw people. Well, the crowd who would be sitting in the seats anyway. And you know what the funny thing is? I don't get when looking at the original coloured version. Curious...

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home