Sunday, March 12

Meme Madness

Many moons ago I was tagged to do the meme by Nicole. It has been doing the rounds for months, so here goes, as I'm not sure I have anything else to add right now - apart from telling you all I'm a big WINNER over at redcurrrent- yeaahhh - one of my nieces will be the proud owner of a redcurrent original. Thank you Kath!!!

--------------------------------------

four jobs i've had:
1. production asst & autocue operator on a live tv show
2. production manager of a jingle/music prod. house
3. english teacher in germany
4. personal assistant

four places i've lived:
1. surry hills
2. bondi
3. hannover, germany
4. redfern

four TV shows i love:
1. RAN
2. global village
3. survivor
4. foreign correspondent

four places i've vacationed:
1. new zealand
2. western europe
3. vietnam
4. usa

four of my favorite dishes: top 3 are family comfort food
1. steamed bream chinese style w. rice
2. chilli & blackbean mud crab w. rice
3. steamed pork with shrimp paste w. rice
4. pasta w. cherry tomatoes, zucchini, chilli & crispy prosciutto

four movies i could watch over and over:
1. trading places
2. the royal tenenbaums
3. japanese story
4. brokeback mountain
OK the last 2 i added in because i love them right now and can't think of 2 others - my brain is hopeless like that.

When you were little, what three things did you want to be when you grew up?
Ballerina/Dancer
Anthropologist
Documentary-maker/Journalist


You can live one day from you childhood over again. Which day will it be?
The day my Mum took my sister and I to see our first film – it was at the Academy Twin in Paddo, and we saw “The Little Prince”. I fell in love, woke up to a new reality, and felt the amazing impact of cinema as an artform. I was on cloud 9 for weeks after that, although I was pining for the Little Prince. I must have been about 5 years old.

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
ALL the photographs and slides and albums & cd’s of photos & home videos.
ALL the gifts given to me that have been hand-made.
My paintings.
My box of old letters.
My favourite clothes.


What is one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
Give birth to a healthy baby or babies if 2 of you decide to come at the same time!

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
Frangipani (tree)

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you! Your choices?
This one isn’t easy, I love so many books and forget which ones I love when new ones come along. So at this minute I would take:
The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying
The Life of Pi
The Death of Vishnu
Wild Swans
The Shipping News


4 sites I visit each day:

1. flickr
2. smh/süd deutsche post
3. redcurrent, la vie en rose and at it varies between 50-100 more bloggies
4. utata

4 places I wish I lived:
I wouldn’t want to live any one place else for a whole 365 days a year. The perfect life would be moving around every 3 months. These are some places involved in that idea:
Germany (and hopping around Europe from there)
Byron Bay
Margaret River
Vietnam

4 favorite Authors:
Tim Winton
Yann Martel
John Pilger
Annie E. Proulx

4 of my favorite artists:
Brett Whitely
Sidney Nolan
Tracey Moffatt
Camilla/Rosa/Lisa

4 dreams I have (for myself):
Be a mother
Live life as art and make a living from it
Learn kinesiology & many other forms of healing
Become a good swimmer.


So now you all know a hell of a lot more about me. I'm just a simple girl living a simple life.



Marisa you wanted to know what Kinesiology is - it's best described as energy balancing. It uses a holistic approach, combining western techniques with eastern wisdom, and basically locates blockages in the energy systems of the body and unblocks them. The underlying belief of Kinesiology is that the body has innate knowledge about how to look after and heal itself, but if there are imbalances in the body this cannot occur and therefore unwellness or disease can take place. Hope that helps.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an interesting bunch of answers. Although I don't know you, I reckon you would make a GREAT Mum!

PS If you could live in Vietnam, where would you live? Hanoi?

10:07 pm  
Blogger dani said...

i actually prefer saigon so much more than hanoi - could have had something to do with the fact we knew a couple of ex-pats living there but i just found it more alive.

but i'd live somewhere like hoi an or nha trang maybe. i've only scratched the surface so i don't really know all my options.

10:29 pm  
Blogger frech said...

i am also sending you a big hug and cross by fingers for the mum-project!

2:59 am  
Blogger dani said...

thank you ann-christin for your wishes!

8:18 am  
Blogger Kt said...

Aaah - Yann Martel - now wonder we get on so well!
Have you read Jeanette Winterson's Sexing The Cherry? If not, I think you might like that too. But if you don't - don't tell me. ;)

7:59 am  
Blogger frech said...

In German we call this MEME (is that what you call it in English?), "Stöckchen werfen", more precise: "jemanden ein Stöckchen (Diminutiv von "poker"/"der Stock") zuwerfen". from a game, that children play and what they only need for that is curiosity, at least two players and a poker. or a blog. hope you dont mind that little german lesson. i am teaching german here in finland and i think, these small locutions are very interesting. and with a little story within, they are more easy to keep in mind.

Mir hat noch niemand ein Stöckchen zugeworfen.

12:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dani... that's indeed a lot of information about you. You've done very interestings things. Nice.
I agree. You will be a lovely Mam. Good luck!
Thank You for the extra info about Kinesiology. It's interresting.
In my opinion the human body is a ingenious extremely finetuned organism that most certainly can be helpt in many diferent ways when it needs it. I'm adding Kinesiology to my list of things I'would like to know more about when I find the time for it. Good luck whit your studies.

2:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home